Miranda Gold Corp. is in the business of creating shareholder wealth through the discovery of new gold deposits. Our focus is Nevada -- the 4th largest gold producing region in the world, and Colombia -- an under-explored country where 100 million ounces of gold have been discovered in the last ten years.
Since 2003, Miranda Gold has established itself as one of the best exploration companies in the state of Nevada. The Company consists of a highly qualified technical team with extensive Nevada-based mining experience including 10 previous gold discoveries and expertise in geology, financing and public company management. In 2009, the company sought to diversify and provide investors an opportunity for discovery in a frontier jurisdiction, namely Colombia. Currently the company employs five geologists in its Elko, Nevada office and three Colombia geologists in its Medellin office.
Six of our 13 properties in Nevada are located in the Cortez Trend portion of the Battle Mountain-Eureka Gold Belt, which, along with the Carlin Trend, accounts for over 80% of Nevada's total gold production. Miranda Gold's management team has been involved in over 50 million ounces of gold discovered in this area. The addition of Colombia as a regional focus was a strategic decision to balance the mature nature of Nevada's mining history with a more underexplored area that exhibits similar world-class potential.
As an emerging mineral exploration company, known for our expertise as a project generator, investors have the opportunity to participate in a diverse number of projects and in turn numerous possibilities to take part in a major gold discovery. With a large property portfolio and solid partnerships with several mining companies, including a strategic alliance with Agnico-Eagle Mines in Colombia, our goal is to mitigate the risk of exploration through Joint Ventures while increasing opportunities for discovery and preserving the treasury.
- Strong management team with extensive worldwide mining expertise and decades of experience in financing and public company management.
- Focused in Nevada and Colombia with emphasis on finding multi-million ounce gold deposits.
- Share project risk by joint venturing properties thus providing shareholders exposure to numerous gold exploration projects while at the same time preserving capital.
- Active Exploration Funding Agreements with Agnico-Eagle USA Limited, Montezuma Mines Inc., Navaho Gold Pty Ltd., Prism Resources Inc., Ramelius Resources Ltd. and Red Eagle Mining Corporation.
- Attractive capital structure with 74 million shares issued and outstanding.
- Fully cashed up treasury with CA$8.0 million and a $2.5 million annual burn rate.