Miranda Gold Corp. is in the business of creating shareholder wealth through the discovery of new gold deposits. Our focus is Colombia - an under-explored country that was at one time the largest gold producer in South America. It is an exciting time to be exploring in Colombia with some 100 million ounces of gold discovered in the last ten years. Miranda is certainly one of the most active junior explorers in the country and the most active "prospect generator" since our initial involvement in 2009.
In addition to our projects in Colombia, the company has acquired the high-grade underground Willow Creek vein deposit in Alaska that has a recorded historical production of 667,000 ounces of gold at an average grade of 1.2 ounces per ton. We acquired a district scale property through an 80 year lease. The property came with approximately $10M of drill data that Miranda was able to use to form the basis of an independently prepared estimate of a measured and indicated resource of 62,100 ounces of gold contained in 78,700 tonnes at an average grade of 24.6 g Au/t using a cut off of 7.0 Au/t. Currently the project is being advanced through a "production" joint venture with Gold Torrent, a company with an experience underground mine development team.
Since 2003, Miranda Gold has established itself as one of the best exploration companies to employ the "project generator" business model. Over the years we have partnered with Newmont, Placer Dome, Barrick, Newcrest, Agnico Eagle and a dozen or so junior companies. The company is led by a strong management team who have been involved in 10 previous gold discoveries. Over the last 6 years Miranda's technical team has established an expertise in Colombian geology and exploration and has advanced several projects to the drill ready stage. Over the last 12 years the company has been successful in financing and attracting significant shareholders including Sprott Global, Rick Rule, Paul Stephens, the Orphan Fund, Adrian Day Asset Management, TriMark Capital, Paul van Eeden, Raymond James, Haywood Securities and the Taylor Fund.
As an emerging mineral exploration company, known for our expertise as a project generator, investors have the opportunity to participate in a diverse number of projects and in turn numerous possibilities to take part in a major gold discovery. With a large property portfolio and solid partnerships with several mining companies, our goal is to mitigate the risk of exploration through Joint Ventures while increasing opportunities for discovery and preserving the treasury.
- Strong management team with decades of worldwide exploration and mining expertise and experience in financing and public company management.
- Focused in Colombia with emphasis on discovering multi-million ounce gold deposits.
- A portfolio of Colombia projects that include outcropping mineralized systems that are "drill ready".
- An active joint venture in Alaska at Willow Creek where our partner will fund the first US$10M of mine development and where we could see production and cash flow as soon as 2018 which would allow Miranda to become a Self-Funded Prospect Generator, something unique in the industry.
- Through an installment purchase option agreement, Miranda holds a 3.3% Net Smelter Royalty at Willow Creek that could be monetized or held for future cash flow.
- Share project risk by joint venturing properties thus providing shareholders exposure to numerous gold exploration projects while at the same time preserving capital.
- Active Exploration Funding Agreements or joint venture agreements, Montezuma Mines Inc., Prism Resources Inc. and Gold Torrent Inc.
- Attractive capital structure with 74 million shares issued and outstanding and a treasury of CA$2.5M (November 30, 2015)